Stake starts from 0!

Thanks to the engagement of the community and after viral discussion we made changes to the Boid economy. We had 19 people involved actively with several proposals.

Settings now:

Stake Difficulty changed from 450 to 500
Power difficulty stayed the same on 19.9
PStake Multiplier stayed the same on 450
PStake Ratio changed from 1.5 to 1
Minimum Stake amount lowered from 100k to 0

This was our first MultiSignature implementation from BoidDAC (eos account: boiddacowner).
Change was proposed on chain by @john and it was approved by validator accounts

We’re working on a BoidDAC portal where everyone should have a user friendly experience and be able to see future, past and executed changes made by the community - for the community.

All users! Please make sure to check profit calculator on boid alpha and stake your BOID tokens to maximize your earnings!!!

May the Boid be with you.

1 Like

What happened to the community vote that was taken in Stake APR change proposition - #30 by john ?

What was the purpose of having the community vote on settings values and not use them? I realize it was not a full consensus of the total Boid community that commented and voted but I do not see what was voted on reflected in what was changed. Am I missing something here?

1 Like

Because of the way that Chintai works, if minimum stake is set to anything other than 0 then it can cause problems.

I have an idea to make the minimum work for “self-stake” only which would not cause problems for Chintai since it’s delegated stake only. However, this requires changes to the smart contract, and is low priority at this time. I agree that the general sentiment of the community is to keep that setting, and I think we will bring it back in the future when possible.

@I_Seth should have mentioned the reasoning behind that decision in his original post.

Yes, sorry about that. We spoke about it but I did forget to put it in the post.