Stake APR change proposition

I agree!
cooprativeos

1 Like

Well - one of GBMā€™s ā€œCollege graduated kidsā€, Iā€™d have to agree with him regarding dropping the stake requirement to 0. I finally gathered enough BOID to make the 100K investment. Iā€™d be disappointed if I had just waited a bit and was able to get in earlier and ā€œcheaperā€

Just keep miningā€¦ Itā€™s nice to be active until BBQ competitions start in the Spring :wink:

I think these ideas are great for the token economy. I personally donā€™t trade any of my Boid. I stake it all and let it roll over into the next season. Thanks for the opportunity to be involved.

It would be good to see something more being offered for the Invite feature. And make things easy to do, even if you know Chintai and how it works.

I donā€™t completely understand the calculation, so I agree with your proposition. I am sure you know what is the best. Thank you.
EOS: supravisor13

I like what I see for the most part. While I think the minimum stake reduction is a good idea I think that maybe it should be halved. Everything else looks quite well thought out. I understand that newer users need to build up boid to get to the minimum stake, it is the way itā€™s always been. With Chintai coming on board this should be easier to accomplish.

Letā€™s keep this boid bird flying!

Letā€™s vote!

• Keep minimum stake requirement at 100k BOID
  • Reduce minimum stake requirement to 50k
  • Reduce minimum stake requirement to 0

0 voters

• Keep Power Difficulty at the current value
  • Increase Power Difficulty by 20%
  • Increase Power Difficulty by 10%

0 voters

1 Like

Donā€™t know what the new metrics intends to achieve or what problem is being attempted to address here. So Iā€™ve no comments.

1 Like

Seems ok to me, I assume its to lower inflation rewards.
Eos; windermereuk

Iā€™ve been away for a couple of months buried with work, and just swapped to a new computer. I havenā€™t kept up as closely but do have some general feedback. All of this is still new. Staking and rewards are still being figured out. As we figure it out, so do the scammers. I canā€™t comment specifically on the details of the proposal, but I might suggest you set a window to evaluate and then make the conscious decision for Go/No-Go. Leave yourself an out if someone finds a way to exploit the new rules and benefit from them at the expense of the community. Iā€™m all for making positive changes once we know long term that they will be better.

As long as we can keep mining and seeing some results I love itā€¦ What I disagree with is discouragement with mining for months or years and making nothing / seeing no results at all. Keep up the great effort and letā€™s go BOID!!

Yes I like the initial bump, it helps to encourage new users to accumulate the minimum stake and maximize the benefits of staking. I have heard several new users complain that it is confusing, and it does cause extra complexity for lending markets such as Chintai. If power difficulty increases it does make sense to decrease the minimum stake to compensate.

Awesome :raised_hands:

Yes, if anyone wants to help build extra functionality we have a bounty for that task.

Understood, that initial minimum is a nice goal to aim for.

I agree, it does cause extra complexity for Chintai and sometimes confusing for new users.

I understand your perspective but we have seen many users who do not ever stake their BOID and only sell it on the market as fast as possible. Requiring some stake encourages long-term contributors that really care about the project and participating in governance. If you participate on Boid and never stake you are at a disadvantage.

I appreciate the opportunity to contribute my thoughts.

My main desire is to have power generation be the primary source of rewards and staking secondary. The project can run without staking, however without power the project cannot run. People have thousands of dollars in machines dedicated to the project. There is no cost to stake. At least 60% of the rewards should go to mining and 40% to staking.

Based on the questions above increasing rewards to mining is not a consideration that made it to the ballot. So please use this as my write in vote to add this to consideration :slight_smile:

You will always see something if you mine for any extended period of time. It may not be quite what you were hoping for but I guarantee you will see something.

I understand your perspective but we have seen many users who do not ever stake their BOID and only sell it on the market as fast as possible. Requiring some stake encourages long-term contributors that really care about the project and participating in governance. If you participate on Boid and never stake you are at a disadvantage.

Then make it so that staking remind constant but power is still valuable. With the current proposals it makes is to inputting minumula power is optimal for maximum gains as a staker, but a nonstaked account can never catch up without orders of magnitude (impossible in most cases) in power gains. eg a 0 stake or even 100k staker with 60k power will be earning less than someone with (I think math is right) someone with 1mil staked and 6k power, if that math is wrong the point is that power should eventually overcome stake. Or one should be able to see their power instead of their coin. Eg If I dont want to participate by staking I should be able to sell my power, this creates an economy where power is valued also, and created an incentive to keep rigs online.

REMEMBER!!!

How to get a free 100k BOID stake?

Just reply to this thread with your thoughts about this proposal and your EOS account name. If you disagree, feel free to propose alternative values here for feedback. Donā€™t forget you can use the simulator at stake.boid.com to test out different values.

If you didnā€™t put in your account name in the post - please put it in your account details on the community page. If you donā€™t do it you will not get your 100k stake as we donā€™t know where to stake it!

Thank you for your cooperation!

Iā€™m ok with cutting by half and consider reducing it only when the token gains in value so it wonā€™t be an impossible task to stake.

Thank you everyone for being a part of our discussion.

New economy settings like seen on Profit Calculator in boid alpha

Stake Difficulty changed from 450 to 500
Power difficulty stayed the same on 19.9
PStake Multiplier stayed the same on 450
PStake Ratio changed from 1.5 to 1
Minimum Stake amount lowered from 100k to 0

People who made constructive comments have 100k already staked until the end of Season 4.

Thanks again!
:motivator: :motivator: :motivator:

Hi,
I agree with the changes.
gy4dkobsgege