Certificate of computation

This season will see the introduction of Boid node validators. One of the optional services a node validator will be able to provide is a history API , provided they keep for a long amount of time all validated work units in their local database.

I propose to design and build a new web service that will allow users to sign on with their boid account , select a few customizable features and generate a user or team certificate of computation.
This web service would make use of node validators around the world who have the history api enabled.

I was very much inspired by what Seti@Home did https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/cert_print.php

Milestones

1. 250,000 BOID
    Technical documentation outlining how exactly the flow of data and authentication will work.
    This may have a dependency with first requiring a way to auto-discover the current list of active history nodes in the network. It will likely be a static list at first.

2. 500,000 BOID
    Technical implementation , needs to include a Vue UI component to be added to the existing Boid UI to make it integrate smoothly with app.boid.com

Let me know if you think this is a good idea or not.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

I think this bounty for this should be higher.

1. 500 000 BOID
  2. 1 000 000 BOID

This lines up with other ideas about badges. I think the “certificate” would basically just be a special page that highlights your contributions and badges earned. The user could click a button to generate an infographic tailored for a specific account. It should be available in different resolutions and easy to share on social media.

I voted yes but I think the ideas needs to be fleshed out more.